The Network’s vision is represented by the image shown here.
The Network accomplishes the mission by:
- Informing community agencies throughout the state of the need and benefit of providing services to fathers as part of serving families;
- Maintaining information on, promoting and encouraging fatherhood and family strengthening priorities in the state;
- Providing opportunities for networking and information sharing among fatherhood practitioners, family support service providers and other interested stakeholders;
- Enhancing the capacity of fatherhood practitioners and family support service providers to provide programs and services that will strengthen families across the economic and cultural diversity represented in the state;
- Building the profession of fatherhood practitioners and other family support service providers working to increase the responsible involvement of fathers in the lives of their children;
- Promoting the establishment and the expansion of fatherhood programs and services;
- Maintaining awareness of state legislation that affects fathers and educating legislators on fatherhood issues;
- Increasing the public awareness of fatherhood involvement and family strengthening issues; and
- Providing leadership and direction to the development of an active and effective statewide coalition of individuals and organizations committed to strengthening Minnesota’s families through the increased involvement of fathers in the lives of children.